Oryx Mailstore 0.94
0.94 was released on 2005-05-23. (The release was delayed by a week
due to a server crash.)
Oryx plans to use Mailstore 0.94 on its own mail server.
If you want to try it, we suggest the use of
< a href="conf/message-copy-directory">message-copy-directory to
keep a copy of all incoming mail, and request that you subscribe to
the mailstore-users list.
The next release is expected on 2005-06-20. If you would like to be
notified, please join our announcements list.
Known bugs and other defects:
- There may be some problems with Thunderbird.
- IMAP TEXT/BODY searches have been disabled. They will be fixed and
re-enabled in the next release.
Changes since 0.93:
- The schema has undergone some changes. Mailstore should be able to
upgrade your old schema automatically, but it could take a long time.
You may want to start over with a new database instead.
- The message-copy-directory configuration variable can be used to
keep a copy of all incoming messages. (Which we strongly recommend.)
- Preliminary ACL support (RFC
2086). Permissions are respected, but the ACL management commands
are not yet supported.
- Improved RFC 2047 support in display-names.
- We upgraded to Cryptlib 3.2.
- TLS support works now. If you are not using the bundled cryptlib,
you will need this patch to
fix the problem.
- Numerous speed and memory usage improvements.
Major internal changes:
- The memory allocator and some core classes (List, String, Buffer)
have been extensively tuned for better performance and memory usage.
- Our test coverage is steadily improving.
Due to the delays, we decided to defer some features until 0.95. We
will focus on improved performance and fully-functional searching in
the next release.
- Archiveopteryx 0.94 is no longer supported.
We advise upgrading to 1.16 or later.
In case of questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this page
Last modified: 2010-11-19